Re: Extended query: prepared statements list? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From M. Bastin
Subject Re: Extended query: prepared statements list?
Date
List pgsql-novice
At 10:37 AM -0400 7/14/04, Tom Lane wrote:
>"M. Bastin" <marcbastin@mindspring.com> writes:
>  > Is there a query on some system table that will list all names of
>>  prepared statements?
>
>No, since they are never stored on disk.
>Same comments apply to Portals I suppose.
>
>If you'd like to lobby to get this changed

I don't believe this is a critical issue.  People can keep the list
in their client app just the same since prepared statements only live
for the duration of a session.

Thank you very much Tom for all your help so far during my first
steps with the extended query protocol!

Marc